Queensland Investors Club Inc.
– A Network for Self Directed Investors –
Queensland Investors Club Inc. aims to connect like-minded people who are interested in investing and wish to learn more, while also sharing their own knowledge and investment experience.
1 – to commit (money) in order to earn a financial return
2 – to make use of for future benefits or advantages
Formed from the share market crash in 1987, QIC Inc. emerged from the ashes as a non-profit organisation with the primary objective of expanding the skills and investment knowledge of its members.
By becoming a member, investors are able to increase their investment knowledge through guest speakers and member presentations, and also by networking with other self-directed investors.
The Next Meeting
June 13TH – 6.00.pm for a 6.30pm start
QIC Bio & Information
Brian is a partner with HopgoodGanim Lawyers in Brisbane and describes himself as
an ageing and passionate lawyer who, for some 20 years, has practised in estate
planning and succession and particularly in the area of Elder Law or law relating to
older people and their families.
• His work extends to the numerous issues in life and estate planning, Centrelink,
superannuation, disputes over Wills and Enduring Powers of Attorney, Advance
Health Directives, retirement living and aged care, incapacity and disputes about
incapacity and decision making, QCAT applications, elder abuse, family agreements,
granny flats, family disputes and mediation.
• He has been voted by his peers as one of Australia's "Best Lawyers in Seniors and
Retirement law" and by 'Doyle's Guide' as a preeminent lawyer in Queensland in
Health and Aged Care and a leading lawyer in Wills, Estates and Succession law.
• In 2022 he received the Queensland Law Society’s “Solicitor of the Year 2022 (Large
• He is the author of the book, "Avoiding the Ageing Parent Trap" published in 2021 by
Big Sky Publishing which chronicles many family stories from his years of
professional experience and offers advice and solutions to respond to the various
strains and stresses that adult children will be exposed to in meeting the needs of
their ageing parents.
• He describes himself as busy, useful and happy following the old adage – “A lawyer
doing well by doing good”.